October is always an exciting month but it’s not just about Halloween, pumpkin lattes, or leaves changing colors. October is also about Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The entire month is dedicated to promoting better understanding of this terrible disease that will affect 1 in 8 American women over their lifetime, as well as to breast cancer early detection. It’s an ideal time to encourage women to follow easy, yet important steps towards prevention. Positive Promotions has compiled 9 great breast cancer activities that you and your team can do together to deliver on the goals of recognizing breast cancer risks and supporting awareness. Join us and fight against breast cancer.
How to be Active During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Go on a walk: Organize or join a Breast Cancer walk and gift your team matching water bottles to stay hydrated.
• Dedicate a day of pink: Set aside at least one day where everyone can show their support by wearing pink at work.
• Pass out pink ribbons or pins: Provide beautiful pink ribbon lapel pins to your employees so they can display their support.
• Organize a contest for the best way to wear pink: Offer breast cancer awareness apparel awards to the most creatively pink person in the office.
• Mammography Day: Select a day where employees learn the basics of breast cancer prevention and detection. Show instructional videos, give out pamphlets, and provide other helpful materials. Check out our very own Breast Self-Exam Punch Out Shower Card for a way to help educate women at your company.
• Pink food: Provide a smorgasbord of proudly pink snacks! Cakes, watermelon, grapefruit, smoothies, and peppermint candies are just a few suggestions. Get creative!
• Boost Breast Cancer Awareness through social media: See how many pictures and breast cancer information facts your staff can share on multiple social media platforms. Turn it into a competition to achieve maximum exposure!
• Friend’s Night In: Calculate the cost of a night out with dinner and drinks for your team, then substitute it with a potluck and movie in. Use the money that would have been spent towards a generous donation for breast cancer research.
• Show some love: If any of your team members has been affected by this disease, don’t hesitate to shower them with extra support and appreciation through gift baskets or donations.
This October and all year round, make sure you and your team are ready to increase breast cancer awareness and promote early detection through important breast cancer activities. At Positive Promotions, we’re dedicated to stopping this disease in its tracks by donating a portion of our proceeds to organizations who foster breast cancer research. Planning a breast cancer fundraiser or event? We’ve got you covered with all the materials you’ll need to make a positive impact in your community and beyond.