October is always an exciting month! It’s not all about the fall season, pumpkin lattes, or the leaves changing colors, though. October is also about Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The whole month is traditionally dedicated to promoting early detection and understanding of a terrible disease that will affect 1 in 8 American women over their lifetime. It’s an ideal time for encouraging women to follow easy, yet important, steps towards prevention. Fortunately, you and your team can participate in a number of activities that deliver on the goals of recognizing breast cancer risks and supporting awareness.
How to be Active During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Go on a walk: Organize a Breast Cancer walk that you and your team can take part in.
- Dedicate a day of pink: Set aside at least one day where everyone at work can show their support by wearing pink.
- Pass out pink ribbons or pins: We offer beautiful pink ribbon lapel pins you can give your employees so they may display their support.
- Organize a contest for the best way to wear pink: Award the most creatively pink person in the office with a breast cancer awareness t-shirt.
- Mammography Day: Have a day where employees learn the basics of breast cancer prevention and detection. Show instructional videos, give out pamphlets, and provide other helpful materials. Check out our very own Breast Self-Exam Punch Out Shower Card for a way to help educate women at your company.
- Pink food: See how many foods can be brought in that are proudly pink! Cakes, watermelon, grapefruit, smoothies, and peppermint candies are just a few suggestions.
- Boost Breast Cancer Awareness through social media: Staff members should see how many pictures and information they can share on multiple social media platforms. Turn it into a competition to achieve maximum exposure!
- Girl’s Night In: You and your team can use the money that would have been normally spent going out towards a generous donation for breast cancer research.
- Show some love: If any of your team members has been affected by this disease, don’t hesitate to shower them with extra support and appreciation through gifts or donations.
This October and all year round, make sure you and your team are ready to increase awareness and support to everyone through important breast cancer activities. At Positive Promotions, we’re dedicated to stopping this disease in its tracks by donating a portion of our proceeds to organizations who foster breast cancer research. We’ve got your fundraisers and events covered with all the materials needed to make a positive impact in your community and beyond.